(June 1, 2021) — Meriwether Lewis Electric Cooperative bylaws require that qualified members wishing to run for the cooperative Board of Directors in October file a Declaration of Candidacy and Statement of Qualifications form by close of business on July 15, 2021.
· Must be a natural person at least eighteen (18) years of age and a member in good standing now receiving residential electric service from the Cooperative.
· Must not be an employee nor the spouse of an employee of the Cooperative, nor a child, grandchild, parent, grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew of an employee of the Cooperative related by blood, adoption or marriage.
· Must not be a former employee nor the spouse of a former employee of the Cooperative unless employment with Cooperative was at least two (2) years previous to the date of the forthcoming district election.
· Is a high school graduate or holds a GED certificate.
· Has continually resided in the district from which election is being sought.
· Has never been convicted of a felony.
· If a candidate for re-election, must have received certification of completion of the Credentialed Cooperative Director Curriculum offered by the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association or such similar cooperative director education and training program approved from time to time by the Board of Directors. If not a candidate for re-election, must understand that such will be a requirement for qualification to stand for any future re-election as such.
Elections will be held in the following counties in 2021: Hickman (incumbent Wayne Qualls), Houston (incumbent Sam Fussell), Humphreys (incumbent Larry Mayberry), and Lewis County (incumbent Bill Webb). Each term is for four years and candidacy forms are available from MLEC. No director’s term expires this year in Perry County.
# # #