(June 15, 2022 - Centerville, TN) - Meriwether Lewis Electric Cooperative bylaws require that qualified members wishing to run for the cooperative board of directors file a Declaration of Candidacy and Statement of Qualifications form by close of business day on July 15, 2022. Terms are for four years.
Elections will be held as follows in October 2022 during the cooperative’s annual district meetings: Hickman County (incumbent Johnnie Ruth Elrod), Humphreys County (incumbent David Daniel, III), Lewis County (incumbent Dr. Jeff Peery), and Perry County (incumbent Ronny Averett). No director term expires this year in Houston County. Candidacy forms are available from MLEC offices and on this website.
- Must be a natural person at least eighteen (18) years of age and a member in good standing now receiving residential electric service from the Cooperative.
- Must not be an employee nor the spouse of an employee of the Cooperative, nor a child, grandchild, parent, grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew of an employee of the Cooperative related by blood, adoption or marriage.
- Must not be a former employee nor the spouse of a former employee of the Cooperative unless employment with Cooperative was at least two (2) years previous to the date of the forthcoming district election.
- Is a high school graduate or holds a GED certificate.
- Has continually resided in the district from which election is being sought.
- Has never been convicted of a felony.
- If a candidate for re-election, must have received certification of completion of the Credentialed Cooperative Director Curriculum offered by the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association or such similar cooperative director education and training program approved from time to time by the board of directors. If not a candidate for re-election, must understand that such will be a requirement for qualification to stand for any future re-election as such.
MLEC is a member-owned, not-for-profit electric utility that serves more than 34,500 meters in Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Lewis and Perry counties. We are helping build brighter futures and make connections possible for those we serve. Learn more at mlec.com.